Melbourne - 2012

Posted by Alex Wise on December 6, 2012

Looking through Lightroom I noticed a few photos taken over 2012 in the Melbourne CBD that I never got around to posting. Some I’m fond of and others I’m still a little undecided. Looking over the series though it makes me half tempted to purchase a small point and shoot to permanently carry around in my bag like a Canon S100. So very tempting.

Also I don’t normally post photos of my food here (embarrassingly¬†a bit of that ends up on Instagram) but I couldn’t resist a photo or two from the delightful Chin Chin. If you’re ever in Melbourne be sure to pop in for a visit. WIth such a large menu I’ve gone back a few times and haven’t been disappointed. Oh so good.

Curious to hear what people think especially of the first image with some processing that is slightly different to how I process my images.

Alex Wise (551 Posts)

I'm a twenty something male that currently lives in Melbourne, Australia. Originally from Tasmania, I moved to Melbourne in January 2011 and have since been shooting urban and seascape long exposures around Victoria. Away from photography I'm a sucker for a nice coffee, yoyo's and a good tv series.

Author Info

Bookmark the permalink or leave a trackback.

6 Comments

1. By Faby on December 6, 2012 @ 6:16 pmReplyPermalink

Love the first image! Really nice work with the light. I like the relationship between the tower and little guy on the bike. My eyes kept jumping from one to the other as if one was the cause and the other, the effect. Or as if the tower was spotlighting the person with a huge reflector. Does that make sense? haha. I like!

• By Alex Wise on December 11, 2012 @ 7:56 pmPermalink

Thanks Faby! :)

I was a little unsure on this one so deliberately sat on it for a while so it’s nice to hear that you liked :)

2. By jonathan on December 7, 2012 @ 9:11 amReplyPermalink

Great set Alex, like the processing on the first one, especially the building, may be a little too much on the bike rider though. Have fun in Sydney.

• By Alex Wise on December 11, 2012 @ 7:55 pmPermalink

Thanks Jon! I was a little unsure on the processing for that one so that’s good to hear. Might go back and tone down the cyclist a little.

3. By Sze on January 6, 2013 @ 11:54 amReplyPermalink

Great series Alex, one minor quibble is that the processing is a bit heavy on the first image for me.

Also thx for reminding us what a photogenic city Melbourne is – I tend to spend my time chasing landscape photos in obscure locations so tend to forget this!

• By Alex Wise on January 13, 2013 @ 2:28 pmPermalink

Thanks Sze for the feedback, I was a little unsure on the processing in the first image myself so it’s reassuring that it wasn’t just me that felt it might of been a little over processed.

- Alex