Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Canon Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera with EF-S 18-55..." and save 72% off the $599.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Canon Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 Lens (Black) (OLD MODEL)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 8.0-megapixel CMOS sensor captures enough detail for photo-quality 16 x 22-inch prints
- Includes Canon's EF-S 18-55mm, f3.5-5.6 zoom lens
- DIGIC II Image Processor provides fast, accurate image processing; captures images at a rate of up to 3 frames per second
- Fast start-up time--.2 seconds
- Powered by rechargeable Lithium-ion battery (included, with charger)
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Canon EOS Rebel T6 Digital SLR Camera Kit with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens, Built-in WiFi and NFC - Black (Certified Refurbished)
Canon EOS Rebel T6 Digital SLR Camera Kit with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens (Black)
Canon EOS Rebel T5 Digital SLR Camera Kit with EF-S 18-55mm IS II Lens
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||CSNY||Photo4Less||SUPER-SAVINGS|
|Continuous Shooting||3||3||3 frames_per_second||3|
|Screen Size||1.8 in||3 in||3 in||3 in|
|Focus Type||Automatic||automatic||manual-and-auto||Includes Manual Focus|
|Image stabilization||Optical||—||Image Stabilization||None|
|ISO Range||200||100-12800||100 to 12800||Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400|
|Item Dimensions||2.5 x 5 x 3.7 in||5.4 x 8.8 x 6.6 in||8.7 x 6.5 x 5.4 in||3.07 x 5.1 x 3.93 in|
|Item Weight||1.06 lbs||3 lbs||3 lbs||1.06 lbs|
|Megapixels||8||18 megapixels||18 megapixels||18.7 megapixels|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||8 megapixels||18 megapixels||18 megapixels||18 megapixels|
|Photo Sensor Size||APS-C||aps-c||22.3 x 14.9mm||APS-C (22.3 x 14.9mm)|
|Style Name||Camera w/ Lens (Black)||—||18-55mm||18-55mm|
|Video Capture Resolution||2496 x 1664||1080p||1920 x 1080 (Full HD), 1280 x 720 (HD), 640 x 480 (SD)||1080p_hd|
|Viewfinder||Optical||Optical (pentamirror)||Eye-level single lens reflex (with fixed pentamirror)||Optical (pentamirror)|
The Canon EOS Digital Rebel camera now has a new, faster, even smaller big brother. Sibling rivalries aside, the 8.0-megapixel Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT SLR adds resolution, speed, extra creative control, and enhanced comfort in the hand to one of the smallest and lightest digital cameras in its class. Even with its advancements in ergonomic design and technology, this easy-to-use EOS digital camera is compatible with all of Canon's EF lenses, including the EF-S lenses.
In-depth review from dpreview.com:Read the full Canon Digital Rebel XT review at dpreview.com.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
One little complain is the attached flash pretty weak, but I still give it 5 stars because I know I can't ask for more at this price and an external flash is an easy solution. The included len is good but not great. It's not a big deal since I am expecting it.
If you come from point-and-shoot world, this camera definitely is a good start and Canon XT camera lessons on Canon website are very helpful.
The only digital camera that came close to my film load rebel quality was canon sd600 elph but even with that some picture would be hazey in very dark rooms, and lots and lots of red!!
When I saw the digital rebel came down on price to $450 on Amazon, I bought one and every picture I have taken has come out prefect with the digital rebel!! I was able to attach my old flash and old lens (from my film loader rebel) onto the new digital rebel and all my picture are prefect again, no more red eye!!!
The canon elph is great for your pocket if your going on bike ride or hikes it does take a good picture; the digital rebel is a little too big to stick in your purse. But for family pictures at home in low light rooms the rebel makes you feel like a professional photographer because the picture comes out PERFECT every time (with the right lens & flash attached).
I will not be buying another camera again ever unless this one break which I dought will happen because I've had my film loading rebel for 10 years now and it still works!! You will not be disppointed with this camera
I recently received this camera from Amazon and, though my expectation was rather high and the camera did not blow me away, I'm very happy with the purchase.
- Light, compact, and ergonomically designed.
- The camera does NOT feel plasticky at all. It feels solid and radiates the craftsmanship of a prosumer product.
- Easy to use. Take the camera out of the box and start snapping away.
- The bundled software is useful if not professional quality.
- Amazing flash performance. Pictures taken in total dark comes out looking professionally lit.
- Quiet when snapping pictures. Fast startup time. Very good batter life.
- For a fan of Canon, add to the inventory of other Canon products, from camera to lenses to printers to photo paper.
- The EF-S zoom lens that comes with it is rather slow and a bit disappointing in picture quality.
- The camera - as many reviewers complained - is ergonomic but does not feel very well balanced. It's very awkward to take a picture with only one hand holding the camera - you need two hands. No matter how I tried, my grip on the camera never feels comfortable.
- Documentation is buggy and uneven. Some of the step-by-step instructions simply do not work, and I had to figure out the correct steps by playing with the controls myself.
(...)Amazon double-boxed the package, which arrived without a dent.